Sunday, July 21, 2013

38 week update

Don't forget to go to the pool and make your predictions (you have to sign in to be able to make any predictions...)
For the pool, click here

How many weeks:
38 Weeks

How big is Baby Girl:
The size of a pumpkin.


Maternity Clothes:
This is still the same. My tanks are covering my shirts very well any more. I pretty much wear a t and my gouchos.

Weight Gain Alert!
Gained this week:  1.2 lbs 
Total weight gain:  30.8 lbs
148.4 lbs


Movement:
Baby is running out of room. She pokes her foot way up in my rib all the time. She rolls and stretches a lot. It can be uncomfortable... but I still prefer her more active days than her less active days. She has started waking me up at night because her movements are so large. :)

Food Cravings:
Fruit... mainly of the melon family.

Food Aversions:
Nothing that I can think of.

My Current Eating Pattern:
I eat when I can. I don't feel like I am eating as much. But I try not to let myself get hungry.

Symptoms:
frequent urination, some fatigue after moving about, acid reflux, indigestion after meals, tender and growing belly, occasional breast tenderness, swollen feet and hands, I am starting to waddle, lots of contractions (they are getting painful!)

Sleep:
Beside some anxiety I have been battling and getting up to pee, I have been sleeping pretty well.

What do I miss:
I am so ready for a cup of joe.

Best moment of the week:
I got the car seat put in the car, the strollers put away, and her room is all ready :). I also gave her all my pig stuffed animals!!

Worst moment of the week:
The anxiety... Some days it has been really bad.

What am I looking forward to:
Meeting our baby girl.

Milestones:
We're now TWO WEEKS away from our estimated due date.

"Baby Girl isn't so little anymore and is most likely weighing close to seven pounds and measuring around 20 inches in length.  Her fetal development is nearly complete as she's shedding her vernix and lanugo.  Baby's also producing MORE surfactant, which prevents the air sacs in her lungs from sticking to one another once she starts breathing.  Most changes in her development are now small, but still very important!  She's still adding fat and fine-tuning her brain and nervous system."
from What to Expect When You're Expecting

Bumpdate
(I was having a contraction in the first picture... my belly looks square!!!)



2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooooo excited to see this Lil Miss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ your contraction picture. :) I was just noticing how flat mine gets during those!

    ReplyDelete