Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Drs and Insurance

Well... I got a an email from someone who has used the dr. that I had an appointment with... I will highlight a few of her comments... (I am not going to mention the name of the clinic...)

" I"m not trying to bad talk them but PLEASE promise me you will do more than one consult with more than one practice. Several of my friends I have made since going to ___ have been thoroughly disappointed.... [the dr] has recently started doing liposuction. He tried hard to push his diet center (on the 3rd floor of the bldg) on me. He also tries to push liposuction on TR patients....a STRANGER did my embryo transfer. It was a doctor I had never met. Embryo transfer is one of the MOST important aspects of IVF b/c if you do it wrong, you ruin the cycle. There is an OBGYN practice on the same floor as [the dr's] side of the practice and she was one of the OBGYN's who was "training" to do other things on their side of the practice. I didn't appreciate being trained on. But if you don't get anything out of this get this....[this dr] is NOT A BOARD CERTIFIED REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGIST...so many things he did during my IVF actually lowered my chances. I feel like I threw away my money. My husband has been subjected to multiple epididymal aspirations b/c [the dr] refused to use the frozen sperm sample we had from when he had surgery..."

So... I studied up, read reviews, and took this email as a reason to make sure I was making the right choice. This clinic's success rates are the lowest in my state. AND he isn't a Board Cert. RE!!! This bothers me. So after a long talk with DH, some prayer, and some heartache, we decided to cancel our apt at that clinic and make an apt at another clinic.

I called my insurance agency to make sure they were in my network (although I do not have IVF coverage) and they said the clinic I decided on isn't in the network! I hope this isn't how things are going to be throughout this whole process!!! LOL!! I know it will all work out!! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading in chronological order and I'm so relieved to read this! Your P4 on a week after O was soooooo low and they were telling you it was normal!?!?! I wish you luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Georgette, that number was not good! SO glad you ditched that quack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies.. I think! LOL! And thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete