Ok. I am going to try to remember everything. We went to the RE today. We both loved him. I got a very good vibe from him as a doctor. He was straight forward and to the point. But he was also easy to talk to. He talked to me a lot about my endometriosis. He went over my files with me, and made sure I understood what the other doctor told me. I did. :)
He told me that I didn't necessarily need to do the Lupron, so since I hadn't started it yet, B and I have opted not to. He does want me to continue taking Aygestin, but go down to 2.5mg a day instead of 5. He is also starting me on Femera. I am going to take 5mg a day for a week, and then cut back to 2.5mg a day. He told me that due to my endo and surgeries, I will probably have a low AMH (anitmullerian hormone - or ovarian reserve). He told me to start taking 50mg DHEA and 200mg CoQ10 a day to help with egg quality. We set up our nurse class for August 27, and then we will move right into stims! (That is the process of stimulating my ovaries for super ovulation, and that is when it all REALLY starts... the aygestin/femera is to get a good baseline for my hormones... it is typical, all though a lot of drs use BCPs instead).
He does think that we need to move forward with IVF, so he agreed with the other drs. He thinks we probably will also need to do 100% ICSI (this is the process where they insert the sperm directly into the egg. In IVF, they just put it all in a petri dish and wait... ;) He wants to do a 5 day blast transfer. I would almost prefer a 3 day... He did say we would see how everything is going with the embryos before making that choice. If I only have 2 eggs fertilize, I would do a 3 day transfer. But he said with several embryos, he would want to do a blast transfer.
B and I both have to have a load of blood work done. We both have to have to following tests:
Blood Type with Rh Factor
HIV 1
HIV 2
RPR
Hep B Core Antibody
Hep B Surface Antigen
Hep C Virus
I have to have screening for the following (and if any come back positive, B also has to get screened):
Cystic Fibrosis
Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Fragile X Syndrome
And I have to have:
Antimullerian Hormone
I will post the results to these once I have them.
The best part was the financing meeting... UGH!
Well... let's do this! I should know by Halloween if this works!
No comments:
Post a Comment