Wednesday, November 28, 2012

12dp6dt - The Results

I may be a crazy person for posting the results this early... But all of you who follow faithfully are waiting for the results. So I am going to share.

So, thinking back to my IVF cycle, at 9dp5dt, my betas were 20... when they told me 20, they said "pregnant, but low numbers." This, my FET cycle, on 10dp6dt, my betas were 490!!! This is NOT low! In fact, the nurse said, "this is a good high number... but it's too early to tell if there are two in there!

So... again, looking back (for my fertile friends who never have betas...) when they told me my numbers were 20, I knew they needed to double in 48-72 hours. And they dropped to 16, confirming what I knew was already happening. Today, my numbers needed to be 748 to be viable (or progressing the way it was supposed too..) and my Dr. called me himself to tell me what the numbers were. I was actually kind of nervous when he said "Anna, this is Dr. Meyer..." because why would HE call me with good news...

"Your numbers are good today! 1080! I think this is the real deal! Congratulations Anna!"

So... I guess I am announcing that...

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

What I would like to say now is this: We are extremely excited. I can't even begin to express to you how excited I am... and in SHOCK! Seriously... 

But it is still so early. I am more pregnant now than I have ever been. I lost my first pregnancy at 4weeks, my second pregnancy at 4weeks 2days (4w2d), and today, I am 4w5d pregnant. I have already passed both dates by three days... and this thrills me. But my chances of miscarriage do not drop until we see the heartbeat (December 14). This baby (or babies) is still so fragile, and I/we still need tons of prayers. 

So, I invite you to be excited with us... but know that there is no promise that this will last (except for the faith that God is going to do what is right in His plan... and I so hope that means I get to meet this baby[ies] in 8 months). If you see me and I act quiet about it, please know it is not because I am not excited. I am... I am just feeling a bit reserved about it. (I appreciate your understanding...)

YAY!!! I really am very excited. :)

10 comments: