Sunday, March 17, 2013

20 week update!!

How many weeks:
20 Weeks
Halfway Point!
(in terms of a textbook 40 week pregnancy)
How big is Baby:
The size of a banana
Baby Girl weighs almost a whole pound now!
Maternity Clothes:
I wish I could find a few more pairs of jeans that are like the bellow the belly ones that I have... Those are so comfy. I still am having a hard time wearing any that have a panel. I can still wear a few of my regular shirts that are long enough. But I mainly wear maternity jeans, tshirts, sweats, and the smaller maternity shirts that I have. :)
Weight Gain Alert!
Gained this week: 2.2 lbs
Total Weight Gain:  12.2 lbs (right on track :)
Total weight: 129.8
Movement:
Baby Girl May is becoming more and more active.  I feel her a lot during the evening, and if I get still or sit wrong during the day I feel her protest! I still haven't felt her move on the outside yet. DH has felt her roll away... but not kick. 
Food Cravings:
Hamburgers. mmmm
Food Aversions:
Garlic. And I am still not wanting pork. I can eat it... I just don't chose it! I can pretty much eat whatever though.  
Gender:

GIRL

Symptoms:
occasional headaches, breathlessness, frequent urination, healthy appetite, movement and kicks, backache (it feels like it is in the same place I used to do my PIO shots), pregnancy brain, some dizziness,  racing heart?? And I am still vomiting even though I am not nauseated, insomnia, crazy dreams.
Sleep:
MAN! A friend of mine gave me her pregnancy pillow! This has been helpful in my getting comfortable. Baby seems to settle on the side I am sleeping on, and if there is no pillow there it is very uncomfortable. I finally fall asleep around 11... and I wake up several times throughout the night to roll over, pee, eat, or because of a bad dream. I am always sleepy!

*edited - my pregnancy brain... geez*

What do I miss:
Nothing! I really want a cup of coffee... but I have made DH promise to bring me a Starbucks shortly after we deliver... It is totally worth it :)
Best moment of the week:
Talking names with DH. Setting a few shower dates. Reaching the halfway point!
   
What am I looking forward to:
Tomorrow's appt. And the next 20 weeks! 
Milestones:
Reaching 20 weeks!

"Baby's uterus is now formed and holds seven million primitive eggs."
from What to Expect When You're Expecting
I have prayed over and over again that this baby will be born with a perfect uterus... and with no signs ever of endometriosis or infertility! I pray that God will bless her with a fertile body and a full household when she finally meets that wonderful, Godly man that He has set aside for her!!
(I have not been able to get a pic yet this week.. My belly hasn't changed at all (IMO). So I am just not going to do a bump update :) Sorry... This will be the only week I miss! I promise!!

2 comments:

  1. How are you going with the name debate? It's soooo hard! Now this is happening for real, we are really feeling the pressure of making sure we don't mess it up with a stupid name. Don't want it boring, but not too crazy either. On the other hand, it's a good laugh going through all the lists of baby names. Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete