Yard Sale Day!
Yesterday went great! The yard sale was a blast! I did get up at 3:30am to get everything set up so that we could beat the early birds. Our first yard saler came at 6:30am! And she spent $30!! I had so many friends and family come out to help. And it was good to just hang out with the family if nothing else. We had SO MUCH STUFF! People donated things for us to sale, and it was awesome! I love to watch people come and go... And, if it wasn't good enough to just have the good times and share that time with the people I love, we raised a little over $900! That was PROFIT! God is so good! Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy...
(We are not hoarders...)
Church today!
Today at church was awesome. We talked all about our new building project. But beyond that we talked about faith, change, challenges, and champions. It was just what I needed to hear on today.
Bible Study!
Here it is... tonight was amazing. God is really challenging my faith, and he is continually humbling me with the things that ONLY HE CAN DO! I am doing a Beth Moore study on the Fruit of the Spirit. It is called Living Beyond Yourself. I am doing this at the church I grew up in. I have always been at home in this church. Here are a couple of the verses that were shared in the study were:
Psalm 27:13 - I remain confident of this:I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Colossians 1:29 - To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.
One of the things that was said was "A powerful masquerading misery-maker is living inside ourselves. Hear the call to exclamation-mark living: ANNA, COME OUT!"
God is the only one who can make this IVF cycle work. He is the only one that knows what to do about my job situation and the financial strain of TTC for dh and me.
At the beginning of the bible study, one of the facilitators took me into the hallway to talk to me (she also brought my mom out). She said that every time they do one of these studies, they like to take on a project, a prayer project. She said that this study, they would like for me to be the project. They would like for the women to pray for me.
Well, that wasn't the only thing. She said she wanted to take a small offering every week, and at the end of the 10 weeks, gift it to B and me...
I am absolutely speechless about everything God is doing. He is taking such good care of us. And I don't know how else to explain any of this, except that God is good, and He knows my needs.
I would not be able to go to sleep without sharing this next part. God has done so much for me, and I would like for everyone to experience this love. (And I may lose some readers because of this.... but you need to know.)
My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?
God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again.”
In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?
First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.
“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).
But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).
“ . . . God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.
My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.
In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”
Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.
“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).
Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.
Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.
In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray: “Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”
Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!
God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.
You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple.” Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God’s plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.
If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this over and over, without laying it down, until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).
Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.
God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God’s promises. They never change!!
One of the things that was said was "A powerful masquerading misery-maker is living inside ourselves. Hear the call to exclamation-mark living: ANNA, COME OUT!"
God is the only one who can make this IVF cycle work. He is the only one that knows what to do about my job situation and the financial strain of TTC for dh and me.
At the beginning of the bible study, one of the facilitators took me into the hallway to talk to me (she also brought my mom out). She said that every time they do one of these studies, they like to take on a project, a prayer project. She said that this study, they would like for me to be the project. They would like for the women to pray for me.
Well, that wasn't the only thing. She said she wanted to take a small offering every week, and at the end of the 10 weeks, gift it to B and me...
I am absolutely speechless about everything God is doing. He is taking such good care of us. And I don't know how else to explain any of this, except that God is good, and He knows my needs.
I would not be able to go to sleep without sharing this next part. God has done so much for me, and I would like for everyone to experience this love. (And I may lose some readers because of this.... but you need to know.)
My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?
God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again.”
In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?
First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.
“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).
But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).
“ . . . God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.
My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.
In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”
Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.
“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).
Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.
Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.
In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray: “Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”
Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!
God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.
You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple.” Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God’s plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.
If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this over and over, without laying it down, until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).
Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.
God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13).
Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God’s promises. They never change!!
Amen! Can I summarize the second half of your post? Believe. Believe that Jesus died for YOUR sins and rose again. Nothing else needed. Just believe.
ReplyDeleteI've done Beth's Fruit of the Spirit study! My DH actually bought me the DVD set our first Christmas that we were married. :) I love it!!!
God is so amazing. I love hearing His blessings for you!!!
Amen! I'm so glad to hear how God has provided you with the financial means to help you along your journey with IVF!
ReplyDelete