Hi everyone! I have been MIA for such a long time on my blog! And so much has happened since then. I just want to take a few minutes and catch everyone up!
Addie is amazing! She is just over 3 1/2 years old, and has so much personality! She loves to be independent, and singing is one of her favorite activities. She has her own little personal sense of style, and I am loving every minute of getting to watch her grow and blossom! She's obsessed with Peppa Pig and Sid the Science Kid today... but tomorrow it will be Frozen and Surprise Eggs.
B is doing well. Working as hard as ever! He makes me proud every day.
My endometriosis pain seems to be at bay still. I haven't had any severe pain since the prayer at Mercy Vineyard. There has been a few days here and there where I had some pain that felt like a cyst, but nothing that I have had to take more than Tylenol for. Which is amazing given my history = 4 surgeries, years of pain and hard core pain meds, and on track to get a hysterectomy... probably in the next 5 years. I found a new supplement regimen that I felt was helping with keeping things under control. It was a series of supplements. I was taking one supplement that had bee pollen, propolis and royal jelly as the combination. I was taking maca root. And I was also taking serrepeptase. All of these have a great record for helping with hormone balance, inflammation, and reduction of scar tissue and the like.
If you recall, my most recent surgery was in August of 2015. I was told at that time (like many times before) that we would need to do IVF if we wanted to get pregnant again. The scar tissue and frozen pelvis and damage from the endometriosis would make it nearly impossible to ever conceive on my own. With this information, B and I talked... we talked... and we talked some more. We took a break from talking... and then we decided that IVF just wasn't the right choice for us. We didn't want to go into debt any more for something that wasn't a guarantee anyway. It was way too much of a gamble. So... we just decided it was time to enjoy our Addie... if God wanted us to have a baby, He would somehow make that happen. I was fine just putting it in the hands of God. He has the big picture anyway... it was time to just trust Him with our family.
Fast forward to January 2017. Friday, January 13th, I lost my sweet sweet grandmother. Mrs. Dorothy F. I sat by her bed the day that she passed. My sister and I sang sweet hymns at her bedside. I think at one point she was trying to sing along. While we went to dinner, the dear Lord called her home. That weekend was full of ceremonies, food, people... looking back it is mostly a blur. I miss her so dearly. I dream about her quite often. She has told me in my dreams how much she loves me and misses me. But I know that she is surrounded by all my babies that went before her. And if there was one thing that she loved, it was her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I know that she probably tells them stories, and sings to them... probably tells them she is too old every once in a while.
Thursday, February 2, I woke up after having a weird dream that I had gotten a positive pregnancy test. The dream in itself was not weird. I have had the dreams so many times before. Never true when I have had them in the past, but something in me said I needed to take a pg test with one of my Internet Cheapies (IC). I wasn't expecting anything. In my reality, you take pregnancy tests all the time... and they are almost never positive...
Well, I put the test in the drawer, hopped in the shower, and when I got out of the shower, didn't expect there to be anything but one pink line......
I opened the drawer, and to my total and utter shock... TWO PINK LINES!!! One was SUPER FAINT... but it was there! So... (and because I am infertile, I have a cabinet full of tests) I took 2 more... one FRER, one digital weeks estimator... The line on the FRER was faint, but there... and then that word "PREGNANT" showed up on the digi test... with 1-2 weeks under it...
Can this be real??
I called my dr and got in as soon as they would see me... Friday, February 3. They did a beta and started me on progesterone (the lovely crinone). The beta came back at 47... I was estimated to be around 11dpo, so this number was nice and high. I went back on Monday, February 6 and had a redraw. That afternoon, the nurse called me and told me my number was 287... so definitely pregnant and progressing.
Today, as I write this post, I am 13w1d pregnant. My due date is October 16. I have had several ultrasounds to make sure things are progressing nicely, and to this point they are. My most recent u/s was this past Friday, where there was a perfect, tiny baby.. measuring right on track, and jumping all around... Truly a miracle! I trust that God is doing something here. He has plans for this tiny baby that He and my granny sent to me!
This is a miracle... I have had 4 doctors to tell me this would never happen. The chances were less than 1% for me to every get pregnant without IVF (this included other types of fertility treatments... my body was said to be too damaged to even hope...)
But God is bigger than any doctor. He can do things that doctors believe impossible. I am already doing a weekly update.. which I will post from 5 weeks after we go public.
This whole thing is absolutely amazing. I am in such awe! And totally in love with my little girl's baby sibling (She is going to be SOOO excited... once the baby gets here!! And such a good big sister!)
So thrilled for you and your family! What a true blessing. I have a similar story. We did IVF and only had one embryo to transfer, which took and is now a 3.75 year old little girl. Then 16 months later, while I was still nursing my daughter, at the ripe old age of 39, I got pregnant without intervention and he is now a 20 month old joy! I can't imagine my life and our family without him. Blessings to you.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord! This lil' "Dot" is already such a blessing! Praying for you sweet friend!
ReplyDelete