Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dr appt update

I have spent a good amount of the day... well.. working on homework. But when I wasn't doing homework, I was thinking about what I would write here. I know that I need to update my MANY followers ;). But DH and I have talked about what we want to share at this point. It is still so early, and things could still go either way. I am so thankful for the opportunity God has given me this far. I have been so blessed.

This week has been pretty stressful. I have done my best to stay relaxed and rested. It hasn't been hard to stay rested, as my husband has stepped up... he did laundry the other day... I didn't ask him to. But, even though I have rested, the bleeding hasn't stopped completely, and picked back up last night. And bleeding in any pregnancy is scary... I have had three total ultrasounds. One last Wednesday, one last Friday, and one today. I am going to focus on the ultrasound from today.

Today, the ultrasound went well. I will get to that part... The dr did find a blood clot in my uterus. He is assuming this is what the bleeding is coming from. I know so many women who have had this issue and it resolved itself. He wants me to up my progesterone, so on top of the Crinone (that lovely progesterone vaginal suppository I am doing twice a day, I am adding Progesterone in Oil (PIO) shots... Here is a photo of THAT needle... (the top one is for drawing the medicine out of the jar thing.. second one is for putting the medicine into my booty muscle...) This has to go right above my booty checks... so DH is going to have to give this shot to me. For a few days, I will continue the twoCrinones and 1cc of this a day, then after a few days, I will go to one Crinone and 1cc of PIO.

So, there's that... 

Also, I have to continue with modified bed rest. This is the part that puts a lot of strain on us. We will figure it out, and God will always provide. But I have been told I am not to go back to work, at least until the spotting and bleeding stops... maybe longer. 

I know you are all wanting to know what was seen on the ultrasound. What I will tell you is that everything looked fine. We are not ready to share exactly what that means, just because things are still so up in the air. I promise that you will know if it is a singleton, twin (or more) pregnancy by the time I am 10 weeks pregnant. We want to share in this part of this privately, as a family for now

I really appreciate everyone's understanding

1 comment:

  1. Well I already have my guesses on how many baby(s) you have in there, but will wait patiently for the announcement.

    ReplyDelete