Friday, December 7, 2012

Week 6 and an update from this week...

How far along:

6 weeks
How big is baby:
the size of a sweet pea



Maternity Clothes:
My pants are getting tighter around the waist. I have a couple pair that I have to leave unbuttoned... (Thanks to Krystal for letting my use her belly band!). It will be a while before I am in maternity clothes though... right??
Movement:
Still way to early!
Food Cravings:
Ew... nothing taste good. I like watermelon, and cheese... but I am pretty much forcing myself to eat.
Food Aversions:
really all food...
Gender:
still too early. I have no intuitions yet either.
Symptoms:
Extreme fatigue, extreme nausea (no vomiting yet though... although I feel like it could be at any minute), extreme hunger, occasional heartburn, SORE bbs (I have to sleep on my back!)
What do I miss:
I am totally in love with this whole process!
Best moment of the week:
the ultrasound... (see bottom for that update)
What am I looking forward to:
Next weeks appt!
Milestones:
"This week, the baby's jaws, cheeks, and chin will develop.  Small black dots on the face will form the eyes, and a small bump on the front of the head will turn into the nose.  Taking shape this week are the baby's kidneys, liver, and lungs.  The baby's heart should be beating 80 bpm and getting faster each day."
from What to Expect When You're Expecting 
We have made it to 6 weeks! That is HUGE in itself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well... I guess I also need to give an update about what is going on...

I started spotting on Tuesday after some heavy cramping on Monday. I emailed my doctor and he told me to come in the next morning for an ultrasound (we did see what we needed to see on the ultrasound, and as soon as a heartbeat is detected, I will share that with you all...)

Well today, the bleeding got a bit worse... and I emailed my dr again. They had me come in again for the ultrasound. again today. Everything still looked fine. But my dr wants me in the bed until my ultrasound on Wednesday. So... here I sit in the bed.

It is a bit concerning, but I know God has a plan... He is working it out as we speak. (or.. as I type...)


3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Anna what scary moments. I hope your ultrasound next week helps. thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry for the bleeding scare. Sending many thoughts and prayers to you and the little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Sorry you have to deal with bleeding! I feel like it happens so often to those going through IF! I'll say a prayer for you :-)

    ReplyDelete