Thursday, August 16, 2012

"But even if He doesn't...."

I ran across a YouTube video today, and it really spoke to me. It was a lady speaking about her struggles with infertility. If I can find it, I will attach it to the end of this post. But it started with her reading from Daniel 3. 

The is the chapter in the Bible about Rac, Shac, and Benny (if you watch Veggie tales, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego if not.) King Nebuchadnezzar had decreed for everyone to bow to his statue when they heard the sound of music. But Rac, Shac and Benny were men of God. And when the music played, they did not bow. Neb was furious and brought them in to throw them into the fiery furnace. Before he did though, he gave them a chance to defend themselves. And this was their response:

"King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If the God we serve is able to deliver us, then he will deliver us from the blazing furnace and from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up. ” (verses 16-18)

*blink*blink*

I have heard these verses before. I have felt those chills before... But never... NEVER has it hit home the way it did today.  What if God decides that I am not to get pregnant through this (or any) IVF treatment. He has the power to deliver me from my infertility... and I know that he will. But can I say "But even if he does not...." 

??? 

I know that my God has a plan for me. I know that He has my best interest in mind. And I know that He sees the biggest picture. I trust Him in what He is doing. If He allows me to get pregnant now through IVF, later through a miracle, I will worship and give God the glory... 

 But even if he does not.... I will praise Him! He will get the Glory!

Rac, Shac and Benny 

(this is the YouTube I watched.)


 

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way regarding whether it is in God's plan for me to get pregnant or not. I will praise him either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your strength.....praying for you.

    ReplyDelete