Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Psalm 84

5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
    whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
    they make it a place of springs;
    the autumn rains also cover it with pools.

My mom heard a message on this passage the other day. She was telling me about it, and it really touched me. I am going to do my best to tell you all what I learned. 

I was expressing my frustrations about the curses of infertility here the other day. It was a post mainly about the blessing I had received, but you cannot walk away from infertility (or into it) without experiencing the suffering. The "Valley of Baka" is the Valley of Tears. (similar to the valley of the shadow of death I gather). This pilgrimage that B and I are going through is bringing us through the Valley of Baka. The verse then says "they make it a place of springs." When we are in the Valley, we are to dig a well. And then God will fill the well with and autumn rains. Then, the next people who have to walk the same path, they will be able to drink from those wells and be refreshed. 

I hope that through all of this traveling, all of this heart ache in the valley, all of these tears, that I am able to dig a well. I hope that the next people who walk down the path that I have traveled will be able to drink from the well and be refreshed. 
  
*God, bless my path, fill my well, and help others with my struggle...

Psalm 84:1-12

How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Hear my prayer, Lord God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob. Look on our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one. Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Lord Almighty, blessed are those who trust in you.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about posting more Bible verses in my blog. This was nice to read. : )

    ReplyDelete