Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 24


Day 24: Something you’ve learned

Well, I am a full time student, and I will be graduating in December. So I would like to say that in the last few years of school I have learned a lot. And I think I have. A lot of stuff that I didn't know.

But you can put a price on book smarts. What I would like to focus on for just a moment is what infertility has taught me over the last few years.


The first thing is that a great support system is more valuable than I could ever express. It is better to have people by your side than to have to go through anything alone!

Next, my husband is on my team. He isn't against me, and he shouldn't be treated as such.

God is always Good. He knows what he is doing. I may not ever know the end result, but he does, and I have to trust that. Even when it is hard. 

Patience is never learned to the max. You can always learn more.

Things don't always go the way you planned them, but sometimes it is because you are being protected from greater heartache.

Most people are trying to help, even if they give bad advice or unhelpful, even hurtful words. They mostly mean well.

It is ok to laugh at yourself. No one is perfect.

Play. Never forget how to have fun. Laughter is so important.

As soon as you start shutting people out, you lose.

No matter what you are going through, you can find someone who is going through the same thing. And you can always find someone who is going through something (that seems) worse. 

Most things are relative.

I cannot change anything but MY attitude and MY perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment