My husband and I don't necessarily have a home church. I consider the church I grew up in a sort of home to me, and we visit there quiet often. We have visited churches often, and have one that we both really enjoy and feel apart of, but it is a good little drive to get there from where we live now (we used to live closer to it..)
Well, this morning we decided to go to my mom's church, the church I grew up in, and I am so glad we did. The preacher spoke on change, which was good, but it was the music that really blessed my heart. First, the kids sang. Man it blessed my hear to hear those children sing about the love of God. I couldn't help but tear up as I hoped one day my own child(ren) will be up on some church stage, singing about their love for God. Next, the worship and choir music was outstanding. Here are the lyrics from several of the songs that were sang... The first song listed had me in tears...
Through the Fire
So many times I've questioned certain circumstances
Or things I could not understand
Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision
And my frustrations get so out of hand
It's then I am reminded I've never been forsaken
I've never had to stand the test alone
As I look at all the victories, the Spirit rises up in me
It's through the fire my weakness is made strong
And He never promised the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb
He never offered victory without fighting but He said help would always come in time
Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says give in
Just hold on, our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire again
I know within myself that I would surely perish
But if I trust the hand of God, He'll shield the flames again
Trading my sorrows
I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord
I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord
I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning.
Heart of Worship
When the music fades
And all is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless your heart
I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the ways things appear
You're looking into my heart
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You Jesus
King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
No comments:
Post a Comment